The cocktail of choice in the movie Casablanca, the flirtatious French 75 looks glamorous but is easy to make.
The original was named after a field gun used by the French army in World War I, as it was so strong you'd feel like you'd been shelled the night before. This non-alcoholic version packs all the flavor punch but won't leave you with a concussive headache.
Use good quality non-alcoholic gin and sparkling wine here, with fresh squeezed juice and hefty simple syrup, and you'll have a zero-proof drink no one would dismiss as a mocktail.
- 1 ounce GinISH (or other non-alcoholic gin)
- ½ ounce simple syrup (we recommend Liber & Co. Classic Gum Syrup)
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces Oddbird Blanc de Blancs or Château del ISH de-alcoholized sparkling white wine
- lemon twist (to garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine GinISH, syrup, and lemon juice.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into champagne flute or coupe glass.
- Top with sparkling white wine.
Garnish with lemon peel to serve.